When we did the Top Fast Food Restaurants we did not mention the Largest Fast Food Restaurant Chain in the World. McDonalds began operations in 1948 in San Bernardino, California and began franchising in 1955. In 1967, the first international restaurant was opened in Richmond, BC.
Now, there are more than 32,000 McDonald’s Restaurants serving Millions of people daily in 117 countries. They employ 1.7 million people and did almost $23,000,000,000 in sales in 2009.
McDonalds is truly a World-Wide phenomenon that has influenced culture (we know the McDonald’s jingle “Just Lovin It”) and have changed lives (Ronald McDonald House helps families).
Here is a list of some of our favourite McDonalds Menu Items.
1. Big Mac – Two All-Beef Patties, Special Sauce, Lettuce, Cheese, Pickles, Onions on a Sesame Seed Bun
2. Egg McMuffin – Imitation is Flattery. Duplicated by many other Fast Food Restaurants
3. Fries – The perfect crispness. Excellent when dipped in a McDonald’s milkshake.
4. Chicken Fajitas – Healthy AND Flavourful.
5. McHappy Meal Toy – Yes, it is not food. But it is one of the reasons we go there.
6. Chicken McNuggets – Golden balls of Chicken in batter. Sweet & Sour Sauce is the best!
7. Pizza – The pizza is the forgotten member of the McDonalds family and I desperately miss him now that he has moved away.
What would you add to this list?