Every once in a while we like to give our readers something… Different, like a weekend post.
It seems that the latest video to go viral is a 5 and a half minute production made by Corning called A Day made of Glass. It takes a look at what the world would, or will, look like in the future – especially with the advancements made with GLASS.
See what over 10 Million people have already viewed…
In keeping with our TOP 7 Theme, here are 7 historical facts about glass. We have come a long ways.
1. Glass can be made naturally when lightning hits sand.
2. The first glass vessels were made about 1500 B.C. in Egypt and Mesopotamia.
3. The blowpipe, used to form glass, was invented about 30 B.C.
4. The first glass factory in North America was built at Jamestown, Virginia, in 1608.
5. Window glass, also know as crown glass, was the highest demanded glass type in 1800.
6. In the late 1960’s, glass manufacturers established collection centers where people could return empty bottles, jars, and other types of glass containers.
7. In the 1970’s, optical fibers were developed for use as “light pipes” in laser communication systems.
Want more on the history of glass? Here is an interesting web page.