The other day I broke the Law.
What did I do? I was driving 20 km/hr faster than the posted limit. I broke the law and I humbly will pay the fine handed down to me.
The real question is how do I tell my wife.
Now breaking the speed limit and enduring the consequences is a no brainer. But what would happen if you accidentally broke a law that you did not even know existed?
Well of course you will still have to pay the fine. However it would be a very painful payment to make because your intention was not to break the law. Your unlawfulness would have been totally unintentional.
The challenge we all face is that there are 1000’s of laws and by-laws that you likely had not idea that they even existed.
We would like to give you 7 of the strangest laws we could find.
1. In Utah, it is illegal to swear in front of a dead person.
(Top 7 Comment: I will make sure I pass this one on to my pastor. He has a bit of a loose tongue.)
2. In Alabama, it is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
(Top 7 Comment: Good thing my fake mustache does not cause any laughter in church.)
3. In Texas, it’s illegal to put graffiti on someone else’s cow.
(Top 7 Comment: Whew. The other day I drew on my own cow. Glad that is OK.)
4. in Alabama, putting salt on a railroad track can be punishable by death.
(Top 7 Comment: I wonder what the fine is for putting pennies on the railroad tracks? I used to do that all the time as a kid.)
5. In Nogales, Arizona, it is illegal to wear suspenders.
(Top 7 Comment: Uncle Kyle will have to make sure he wears a belt next time he visits Nogales.)
6. In Atlanta, Georgia, it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.
(Top 7 Comment: Now where am I going to keep my giraffe secured when I shop at Wal-Mart?)
7. In the state of Washington, it’s illegal to catch a fish by throwing a rock at it.
(Top 7 Comment: “Kids, no more skipping rocks.”)
If you like strange laws, you will find more at a site called DribbleGlass. Check it out.