In case you missed it, Sunday is Mother’s Day.
This is the day when we honor the moms in our lives. Get them flowers. Take them out for dinner. Treat them like gold for 24 hours.
My wife deserves to be honored. She is a great mother to our kids and has invested so much into our family. She deserves something this Mother’s Day that will not only be a surprise, but will be something useful and practical as well.
I think I am going to get her an e-reader.
My better-half loves to read. She is always at the local library bringing home stacks of books. She knows the staff at Chapters by name and Amazon has full access to her credit card.
Did I mention she likes books?
So what better gift than a device that will hold all her books. Oh, and I better get her flowers too.
Today, we want to give you the Top 7 best selling books of all-time.
* Religious books like the Bible and Qur’an are not on this list even though there are among the most printed books. It is impossible to get an accurate number since many are printed and given away for free.
1. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (1859) – Over 200 million sold
2. The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien (1954) – 15o million sold
3. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien (1939) – over 100 million sold
4. 红楼梦 (Dream of the Red Chamber) by Cao Xueqin (1759-1791) – over 100 million sold
5. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (1939) – 100 million sold
6. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (1950) – 85 million sold
7. She by H. Rider Haggard (1887) – 83 million sold
You can visit Wikipedia to get the rest of the list.