Do you know what to do when Caught in a Fire?
On May 15, 2011 the Province of Alberta was alerted to the fact that a community of 7000 people was burning down. Over 1/3 of the Town of Slave Lake lay in ashes and many have lost their homes. Amazingly, no one was injured in this natural disaster.
Do you know what to do if caught in a fire?
Our list today answers the question, What do you do if you are caught in a fire?
If there’s a fire, you need to act quickly so be prepared and make sure that everyone in your house knows exactly what to do.
Here are some tips you need to know as you escape the fire:
1. don’t delay to save valuables or look for pets
2. don’t investigate the fire
3. crawl on the floor if there’s smoke – the air is cleaner near the floor
4. on the floor, put your nose as low as possible – remember, smoke is toxic and can kill you
5. as you go out, only open the doors you need to and close any open doors you can to slow the spread of the fire
6. feel doors with the back of your hand before you open them, if they’re warm, don’t open them – the fire is on the other side
7. if you’re escaping with others, stay together if you can
If you want more information about fires and fire safety, visit these informative sites.
Now you know What to do…