That phrase was made famous by pro-wrestler “Macho Man” Randy Savage. Tragically, Randy passed away in a traffic accident yesterday at the age of 58. Early reports said that he had a heart attack while driving his Jeep Wrangler in Florida.
I grew up watching Randy Savage and other wrestlers like Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, and the Hart Brothers. Of course, my brother and I would try the “Diving Elbow Drop” and other moves on each other.
In tribute, here is our Top 7 list of Macho Man Randy Savage Facts.
1. Macho’s real name is Randall Mario Poffo
2. Before wrestling, Randy was a minor league catcher.
3. He was married in real life to his manager “Miss Elizabeth”.
4. He joined the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2009
5. In total, he won 1 Intercontinental Title, 2 WWE Championships, and 4 World Titles.
6. His signature move was the “Diving Elbow Drop”
7. He has appeared in movies, television shows and even released a Rap Music CD.
What are your favorite memories of the Macho Man?