It seems that every time I read a magazine or turn on my computer, Arnold Schwarzenegger’s name surfaces.
Time to get up-to-date…
- Arnold Schwarzenegger wins Mr. Olympia at age 23 (1970)
- Admitted to taking steroids
- Goes on to dominate the Mr. Olympia competition during the 1970’s
- Started a career in Movies
- Married Maria Shriver in 1986
- Became Governor of California in 2003
- Had an extra-marital affair with Mildred Baena in 1997 (resulting in Love Child)
- Wife, Maria Shriver, finds out about the affair in 2011 after noticing that Baena’s son looks alot like Arnold.
- After 25 years of marriage, Shriver and Schwarzenegger file for a divorce.
Now you are caught up…
For many guys out there, Arnold is synonymous with Action Hero and Movie Icon. Over the years he has starred in some amazing moves (and some not so great ones).
Today we do not want to focus on the drama surrounding this muscle man, we want to focus on what he has done on the big screen.
Here are 7 of our favorite movies staring Arnold Schwarzenegger
1. Conan the Barbarian (1982)
Based on stories written by Robert E. Howard, this classic was set in the mythical Hyborian Age. It us about swords, sorcery, mythical creatures, and fantastical events. Oh, and also about a real muscular guy named Conan.
2. The Terminator (1984) and Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
Sarah Conner and her son John set the standard for Pre-Apocalyptic movies. T-3 was not nearly as enticing.
3. The Running Man (1897)
Inspired by a book by Stephen King, the Running Man may not had the success many of Arnold’s other movies but non-the-less, it was still a great movie. Consider The Running Man the first Reality TV Show.
4. Twins (1988)
Arnold teams up with Danny DeVito in a comedy about brothers, separated at birth. It is hard to tell the Twins apart.
5. Total Recall (1991)
Here is the Plot: Unsophisticated construction worker, Doug Quaid (Schwarzenegger), attempts to restore order and reverse the corrupt influence of commercial powers, all while faced with the possibility that none of these events are real and pursuing them could damage his brain.
6. True Lies (1994)
Loved this movie. Schwarzenegger and Tom Arnold have great chemistry in this unique spy movie. Lesson learned in this movie: Don’t lie to your wife!
7. Eraser (1996)
Just watched this the other day. Playing a U.S. Marshal, Arnold saves takes on terroists by himself all the while protecting the endangered witness (who happens to be pretty). Typical Schwarzenegger.
We know that Arnold has many more moves. Which one is your favorite?
* I’ll be back (tomorrow)