* Special Post by Jeff
I am thankful for my father.
When I was a kid growing up my father was my hero. He was fun to play with. He could make stuff. I knew that he loved me. I know I was not always the best kid, but I always knew that he loved me.
This Father’s Day, I want to thank you, Dad, for some of the things you did for me.
1. Taught me to work hard – I will admit that I did not always appreciate it at the time, but Hard Work is a good lesson to learn.
2. Paid for some of my higher level education – “Some” is an important word. “All” lessens the value of the experience. “None” leaves me with a large financial burden.
3. Laughed allot – Our family loves to have a good time.
4. Taught me about finances – I can balance chequebook. I know to plan for big purchases.
5. Kept family traditions – Celebrating traditions (like Donut Day) help give me identity.
6. Forgave me – Every kid gets in trouble every now and then. It is important to experience forgiveness as well as learn how to give.
7. Showed me how to care for my family – I love my wife. I love my kids. Dad is a good example.
Tell us your thoughts about your Father.