If you don’t believe me, check out this Disney Parks YouTube Video.
The “Star Tours” ride is a motion simulator attraction. The original “Star Tours” ride in Disneyland was closed on July 27, 2010 so that it could be completely updated. Recently, on June 3, 2011 Star Tours was officially reopened as “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue”.
I love Star Wars and I love Disneyland.
Kent and I rode on the original “Star Tours” in Disneyland in 2008. With all the hype of the redesigned ride, I think it is time for a return trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.
Here are 7 Facts about “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue”
1. Disney describes the new ride as having a “flight-motion simulator vehicle, digital 3-D video, Audio Animatronics characters and in-cockpit special effects.
2. The ride takes travellers to a variety of locations and story lines. There is a total of 54 different ride combinations. It is unlikely that you will take the same journey twice on the same day.
3. You might have the opportunity to encounter Darth Vader, R2-D2, Yoda, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Admiral Ackbar, and Stormtroopers on your journey.
4. A variety of destinations that you may visit include Tatooine, Coruscant, Hoth, Naboo, Kashyyyk, and the Death Star.
5. New Characters include Start Tours Pilot “Ace” (AC-38), Spokesbot Aly San San, and new Imperial Skytroopers.
6. It is rumoured that George Lucas was directly involved with the development of this new ride.
7. This new ride can be found in both Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Have you been on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue? Let us know how it was.
Check out the Disneyland site at http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/star-tours/