Today we want to introduce you to a concept building that is on the larger side of the architectural scale.
It is called KINGDOM TOWER.
Kingdom Tower will be a supertall skyscraper that has been approved for construction in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It is also know as Mile-High Tower because it was originally supposed to be a mile high but due to poor land in that part of the world the Kingdom Tower will only be 3,281 feet or about a Kilometer. This would make it the tallest building in the world by 568 feet.
Here are some concept images of this mammoth building.
Here are 7 facts about KINGDOM TOWER
1. Kingdom Tower is expected to cost cost of SR4.6 billion. That is $1.23 billion in American Dollars.
2. The creator and leader of this project is Saudi Arabian Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, the wealthiest Arab in the Middle East. Talal is the chairman of Kingdom Holding Company, the largest company in Saudi Arabia.
3. The tower and its 50 hectre plot will be the first phase of the Kingdom City development, a three-phase project proposed for a large area of undeveloped waterfront land. It is estimated that it will cost at least US$20 billion (SR75 billion) and take around 10 years to build Kingdom City.
4. It is estimated that this building will take 63 months to complete. Construction is expected to start no later than December 2011.
5. The Kingdom Tower will have a primary purpose of housing a Four Seasons hotel. Throw in some serviced apartments, Class A office space, and luxury condominiums and we can call this project complete.
Oh, it will also have the world’s highest observatory platform.
6. Residences of this tower will be able to take a trip up on one of the building’s 59 elevators, which travel at over 33 feet per second (22 miles per hour). This means that it will take 12 minutes to reach the top.
7. Wondering about safety features in case of an emergency for a project this tall? Parachutes are part of the escape plan.
You can learn more about KINGDOM TOWER here.