My 14 year old son got his first job last week. After writing a resume, finding some references and enduring an interview, guess what?
He is now employed at A&W.
Interviews are a fact of life for anyone who wants to secure employment. It does not matter if you are anticipating the possibility of your first job or an advancement in your company, everyone has to take part in some sort of interview process.
Today we want to help job hunters prepare for that interview by giving 7 of the most common Job Interview Questions. This will help those seeking employment prepare for the interview.
As a bonus we will also throw in some Questions to ask at an Interview.
Top 7 Job Interview Questions
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What are your strengths?
3. What are your weaknesses?
4. Why do you want this job?
5. Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
6. What attracted you to this company?
7. Why should we hire you?
7 Questions you can ask at a Job Interview
1. Can you describe a typical day for someone in this position?
2. What is the top priority of the person who accepts this job?
3. What are the day-to-day expectations and responsibilities of this job?
4. How will my responsibilities and performance be measured? And by whom? How often?
5. Can you describe the company’s management style?
6. Is there a formal process for advancement within the organization?
7. What are the company’s values?
Good luck in your job search and make sure you go into the interview prepared.